CLIMBING IN THE TIME OF COVID
WE ARE REOPENING FROM 11 SEPTEMBER 2021
STAY SAFE - KEEP CLIMBING
All Camp5 outlets are operating with capacity limits to ensure against overcrowding. The capacity of each outlet differs in respect to the floor area. A live feed of the capacity can be viewed below.
In addition to capacity limits in order that we can continue to enjoy climbing and ensure Camp5 remains Covid-19 free we have established the following strategies. The principle pillars of our risk mitigation strategies are; hygiene and distancing.
We ask all climbers and visitors to Camp5 to please follow the requirements and adhere to these new policies. Remember, we are all in this together so we all have to bear our own responsibility toward our fellow climbers.
*Last update 10th September 2021
The following policies are implemented at all Camp5 outlets to keep our facilities safe for climbers.
- Fully vaccination certificate will be required from anyone aged 18 or older.
- Under 18 may enter if accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult.
- All climbers and visitors to Camp5 will require a health screening. Anyone with a temperature above 37.5°C or showing any symptoms of flu or fever will be denied entry.
- All climbers and visitors to Camp5 will be required to hand sanitize on entry.
- We recommend climbers use liquid chalk. Personally owned chalk bags with powder chalk are allowed provided the chalk is in a ball or sock. Use of loose chalk is prohibited.
- Showers will be prohibited and locker room capacity limited. We recommend coming dressed ready to climb.
- Rental equipment stock, including lead climbing ropes, will be limited in order to facilitate cleaning and/or quarantine times between use. We recommend you bring your own gear to climb.
- Water fountains may only be used to refill bottles. Please do not drink directly from the fountain.
- Wearing of face mask is required at all times, including when you are climbing, belaying or exercising.
- Kindly avoid cash payments whenever possible.
- Sanitizing spray bottles are stationed throughout the facility. We encourage climbers to spray touchpoints before or after use.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be stationed throughout the facility. Please make use of them to clean your hands frequently.
Camp5 crew will be carrying out frequent daily cleaning of all common touch surfaces.
KEEP YOUR DISTANCE
The following measures are implemented in all Camp5 outlets to ensure safe distancing is practiced.
- All Camp5 members will be required to make a reservation before arriving at Camp5. Each reservation will receive a maximum 3-hour time limit. Your earliest Check-in time and latest Check-out time will be stated in your reservation. You can make a reservation at https://reservation.camp5.com/.
- Should a facility reach capacity, climbers will need to queue.
- Should a queue form, priority access will go to prepaid term holders.
- We recommend bringing guests during off-peak times.
- Distancing of 1.0m must be maintained throughout the check-in process and whilst waiting to collect or return rented equipment. Please follow queue line standing distance floor markings.
- Once inside the facility please maintain a distance of minimum distance of 1.0m when seated or standing (non-active) and not less than 3 meters from other climbers on the wall.
- Camp5 will be removing ropes and/or holds from routes in order to encourage 3m distancing.
- Climbing must be non-contact. Avoid spotting unless climber safety is at risk. Please boulder with caution. No topping-out.
- Do not gather in groups and avoid close proximity to anyone other than your climbing partner.
- Observe and follow all posted area capacity limit notices.
- Please be considerate and make sure to check out when you leave. If you do not, you prevent other climbers from checking in.
Please follow staff instructions and maintain safe social distancing to ensure we all are protected!
WHAT MORE CAN YOU DO?
- Check out when you leave
If you do not check out then you prevent another climber from checking in. Please make sure to present your access card to the counter staff when you exit. In case you forget, be sure to give the outlet a call and let them know.
- Spread Out
Once in the facility, kindly spread out and maintain social distancing. Keep at least 1 Anchor or 1 Boulder Zone apart from other climbers on the wall. Avoid gathering in groups no larger than 10 people.
- Use Off-Peak Time
Off-peak times can differ between outlets, so check the live counters regularly and go where there is less crowd. Before 5pm on weekdays are typically quieter times. Check the calendar on the outlet page to see how many programs are booked on the day.
- No overstays!
Every reservation is allotted a maximum 3 hours. Click “Edit” on the reservation page to view your allotted time. Please be kind to our crew and considerate of other members by checking out on time. Let’s all do our part to ensure everyone gets to climb. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Last update 10th September 2021
Can you be 100% sure I am safe from Covid-19 when climbing in Camp5?
There is NO way to completely eliminate the risk of Covid. Even if we disinfect the entire facility, there is no guaranty that the climber who went before you did not have asymptomatic Covid-19. The same can be said for shopping for groceries or walking in the street. This is why it is important to maintain your own personal hygiene habits, wash hands regularly, avoid contact with others and touching your face, and maintain social distancing.
Do you clean the wall & holds?
Climbing hold cleaning is carried out as part of our regular routesetting. We will also be daily spraying of antiviral solution. Along with these and other general hygiene practices, we have also switched rental chalk to liquid chalk with a concentration of 70% alcohol. This way when chalking up, between climbs, you will effectively be hand sanitizing. A 30ml bottle of liquid chalk is only RM3 bottle, this should be plenty for a climbing session.
I have a prepaid Membership, do I still have to make a reservation?
Yes. Prebooking before arrival is a requirement of the KBS SOP’s. Our reservation system makes it easy. Go to reservation.camp5.com, chose the outlet and select the hour you plan to arrive. Input your member number from your member card. If you don’t have your card you can recover your member number via the ‘I forgot my membership number’ link in the reservation form. You can cancel a reservation via the Edit tab. Every reservation is allotted 3-hours of climbing time starting from the hour of their check-in reservation time.
Can I still bring a Guest?
Yes. However we do ask that you consider other members and, if possible, bring your guest during off-peak hours. Your guests will need to register and make a reservation online before arriving.
Will there still be gear to rent?
Yes, however, due to our quarantine and gear rotation measures stock may be limited. Maybe now would be the right time to consider buying and owning your own climbing kit. This would also help support the gym.
Are the Changing Rooms, Showers and Lockers Open?
Under the current KBS MCO3.0 SOP’s showers use is not permitted. Changing rooms and lockers can be used. Please adhere to room capacity notices posted.
How long will these policies remain in place?
We don’t know. We ask for your patience and understanding. As annoying as these restrictions may be, I trust we can all agree that it is better to suffer the inconvenience than to not have a climbing gym to climb in.